- Register at National Plant Quarantine Service as an exporter. (after this all the registration consignments exported via seaport PQS prior to shipping date)
- Request made by exporter to obtain Phytosanitary certificate
Registration of request
- Investigating the request and inform the relevant officers (Entomology/Pathology/Treatment Technology/ Weed Science) for nursery or factory inspection.
- Coordinating the nursery/factory inspection & sampling considering the additional declarations and the date of dispatch of the consignment.
- Preparation of format for test report and distribute among the relevant laboratories.
- Collection of test report prior to date of export and inform contaminants of to the exporter.
- Preparation of final test report and send to exit point to issue phytosanitory certificate prior to date of dispatch.
- International agreement is that only authorized officers of the official plant protection service shall issue the phytosanitary certificate for all plant commodities exported.
- Phytosanitary certificates are prepared according to the model given by IPPC.
- A PSC is issued in three copies in English only. The original and a copy are kept in office and a copy is given to the applicant.
- Two different formats are available as Phytosanitary certificate and phytosanitary certificate for re export.
- Fulfill the import conditions commodities (Lab testing, visual inspection etc.)
- If you require special lab tests has to be done at central laboratories of NPQS (for this a separate request has to be made by the exporter)
- Lab test report is communicated to relevant entry port PQS by NPQS
- Bring entire consignment to Plant Quarantine station.
If Air Freight
- Compliance inspection test to inform the identify of consignment.
- All the boxes should be numbered; numbers are clearly mentioned in packing list.
If Sea Freight
- For a consignment prior registered with PQS at seaport.
- Either lab tests or not
- If Lab tested test report has to be received by the PQS, Seaport
- Consignment has to be transferred to port premises or shipping go down from factory.
- Request for Sample testing by PQS samples submission for testing (Only to understand the compliance of commodity with document evidence)
- Sample testing/inspection only if other requirements are fulfilled.
- Exporter will receive a notice/ approval to load the consignment to ship (prior approval)
- Exporter can submit consignment to vessel - obtain bill of lading.
- Submit bill of lading and application to obtain a PSC to PQS, seaport.
- PSC will be issued based on compliance inspection.